Integrated Development Foundation (IDF)
- The Sustainable Enterprise Project (SEP) project aims at promoting entrepreneurs who will be involved at different level of value chain of dairy products. Each entrepreneur involved in each level of value chain is expected to operate his/her business at sustainable level. The sustainability of milk chilling center and relevant business entities will be operational along with the animal health center: with close relationship with livestock service providers and Micro-Enterprises; as the target area is at peri-urban the rapid reach of milk and dairy product will ensure a good market opportunity for the Micro-Enterprises product addressing positive environment.
- The objective of SEP is to increase the adoption of environmentally sustainable practices by targeted micro-enterprises. The project prioritizes a selected number of polluting micro-enterprises business clusters and supports the expansion of innovative economic activities conducive to a more sustainable environment.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Veterinary Officer are as follows:
- Organize milk producers’ clusters and provide them training & necessary supports for the improvement of their practices.
- Disseminate improved technologies to dairy farmers.
- Develop healthy waste management system through the production of by products from dung and urine.
- Identify farmer needs, green fodder production and; advice on balance & appropriate feeding practices of cattle.
- Provide emergency service, vaccination, de-worming treatment and advice to farmers about modern dairy management.
- Provide training for local AI workers to extend animal health services at farmer’s level.
- Ensure technical support on Animal Health Center services;
- Maintain liaison with GoB concerned authority, local stakeholders, social elites, dairy farmers and fodder cultivators on the present environment issues and development of dairy farms;
- To maintain strict confidentiality of information, documents and other internal and external communications.
- To carry out any other relevant tasks assigned by the IDF authority as and when necessary.
- Report to: Project Manager, SEP
- Work at office
- B. Sc in Animal Husbandry/DVM from any public University.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Age at most 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Age at most 35 years. Management has the right to make exceptions based on qualifications.
- Must be able to provide treatment for livestock diseases.
- Professional and clear written and oral communication skills both in English & Bangla.
- Good command on MS-Office (MS word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Excellent networking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Analytical and Report-writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to travel to, and work in, remote areas for extended periods of time.
- Able to show 03-years’ practical experience and working in the Chittagong Division will get preference.
Read More:_Veterinary Officer, SEP
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.