Medecins Sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assist in safeguarding and promotion MSF’s image externally.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments.
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translation and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays).
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator.
- Provide information on cultural appropriateness of organizational and individual activities.
- To submit update news/information on the political and humanitarian issues on Bangladesh context PC on a regular basis.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and the development of mission and project security plans
- Conduct context, security, and cultural briefings for in-coming international staff and visitors as assigned by PC.
- Ensure a proper information network system for security related issues and immediately shares its findings with the PC.
- Act as liaison of the PC to the NGO Affairs Bureau and other relevant authorities.
- Reinforce the principles of neutrality, confidentiality, non-judge mentalism, transparency and independence are adhered to by all staff members.
- As member of the project management team, contribute to operational decision-making in the project.
- To provide an effective and efficient support in PC’s organizational and operational role and in the day to day management and implementation of the program/project.
- Be responsible for the GIS (Geographic Information System) mapping in order to collect and synthesize data according to requirement.
- Support the PC in organizing internal and external meeting and workshops.
- Provide administrative support to the PC.
- Provide a monthly report to PC on the work done during the month.
- To act as an active institutional memory of the project activities and to provide feedback when required.
- Work at office
- University Degree preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, Inter-national Public Law, Anthropology, economics, etc.)
- At least 2 year(s)
- Age 18 to 59 years
- Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment essential
- Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis essential
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs desirable
- Management experience desirable