The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
- Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President`s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 51 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
- Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for suitable candidates for its IFRC supported Integrated Flood Resilience Programme (IFRP) Phase-Two under Disaster & Climate Risk Management (DCRM) department:
- Department : DCRM Department
- Reportable To : DD & PM, IFRP Phase-Two, DCRM, NHQ, Dhaka.
- Duration of contract : Upto 31 December 2023 (Renewable).
- Age Limit : 45 years (May be relaxed for potential candidates).
Read More:_Program Coordinator
- General Responsibilities: Assist the Programme Personnel in the overall planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, making presentations in PPT, and management of the Programme and achievement of the Programme as a whole.
- Assist the field colleagues of the Programme in preparing program reports and updates.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Programme Manager and Line Supervisor
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Review the proposal and planning for implementation, along with process documentation, and implementation guidelines on livelihood intervention under the Programme.
- Prepare periodic action plans as required.
- Need assessment of sectoral intervention like; livelihood, DRR intervention etc.
- Mobilize the community for participation in any intervention.
- Technical Verification, market assessment, linkage for livelihood event and reporting for further action.
- Support implementation programme activities, estimation, and implementation as BDRCS policies and practices
- Supervise, coordinate, and monitor planned activities at community/ward and Unit level.
- Fund management (Budget review, prepare BoQ, fund requisition, logistics requisition, tender notice, market assessment on required materials, quotation, Comparative Statement-CS/Comparative Bid Analysis-CBA, Work order, good/service receiving note, prepare bills and payment to Vendor, advance/ bill adjustment etc).
- Secure required decisions/approvals of the PSC and PIC to ensure smooth implementation of the IFRP: Phase -Two Programme.
- Prepare periodic monthly report for the Program for organization, donor, and relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the process of formation of different group like CDMC, CDRT, UDRT, PIC, Disaster management committee as SoD and management them.
- Coordinate and support for compilation of monthly activities plan for all sectors.
- Supervise/monitor the work of subordinate staffs, community organizers / Volunteers etc.
- Capacity building initiatives for programme staffs, stakeholders/participants/beneficiary/volunteers on different event of the programme.
- Brief regularly to supervisor on the progress of the programme
- Maintain strong communication and coordination with different level staffs and stakeholders.
- Disaster Risk reduction focused activity implementation.
- Review log frame, ITT, annual and related report of the programme
- Preservation and taking good quality pictures and videos of the activities which are being implemented in the field, along with special meetings, delegate visit etc. for use of various reporting.
- Making PPT for meeting, training.
- Liaise with BDRCS respective branch and beneficiaries, coordination with local government/local DMCs as planned and where required.
- Masters in Disaster Management/Social Science or any other relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- At least 10 year(s)
- Age at most 45 years
- Specialized Knowledge: Program planning, designing, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, advocacy, networking, documentation, presentation, and communication & coordination.
- Skills: Development-related knowledge, community mobilization & coordination with different levels of Local Govt. Organizations and other stakeholders.
- Competencies: Working knowledge on Project/Programme planning & budgeting, Implementation, monitoring & reporting, networking & advocacy, sound computer knowledge, spoken and written in English and Bangla, and working for team building.
- Experience: At least 10 (Ten) years with sound & renowned organization/ Individual/ Firm.
- Driving Skill: Having motorcycle driving skills with a valid license.
- Literacy Competency: Good both in Bangla and English in oral and written.
- Computer literacy: Sound knowledge of Computers with Design performance.
- General working conditions: In connection with BDRCS Policies, practices, rules & regulations, principles, and time-to-time office circulars.
- All Red Cross /Red Crescent staff and volunteers are required to:
- Adhere to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Act always in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate honesty and a high level of integrity.
- Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international, or local emergencies or major disasters.
- Always work towards the promotion of RCRC Principles and Humanitarian Values in the communities
- Upto BDT. 75,000/-.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.