Shishu Polli Plus
- Shishu Polli Plus a project of The Sreepur Village, Bangladesh (an NGO)` working for destitute women and children at Sreepur; Gazipur district is inviting applications from the qualified candidates for the position of Programme Coordinator/Senior Coordinator – Care & Education in its Care and Education Section based at Sreepur, Gazipur.
- Programme Coordinator/Senior Coordinator – Care & Education, has to ensure beneficiaries` admission, caring, education maintaining a good life inside of Shishu Polli Plus. Ensure better life in the community & support for it during the stay at SPP. To ensure that the education program of SPP and the school is operating as per plan and the given guideline. Plan, organize necessary jobs to achieve the goal of SPP.
- Ensure admission of child and mother in line with the capacity of SPP.
- Take part in the joint assessment of beneficiaries and coordinate beneficiary induction program.
- Ensure balanced food, comfortable accommodation, quality clothes, and other daily necessities for beneficiaries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual plan in consultation with the sectional staff
- Maintain and approve leave for children and mother care unit.
- Maintain and update personal profiles and information of children and mothers (Beneficiaries).
- Establish performance standard for the supervisees and monitor their performance regularly;
- Provide technical, logistical, and human support to the staff to accomplish their respective responsibilities;
- Maintain Programme related information of the beneficiaries regularly;
- Keeping information of all children who are on job or on job training;
- Communicate with relatives of the beneficiaries and various groups in context of SPP;
- Keep the sponsor informed regularly through documentations, reports, photographs etc.
- Monitor beneficiaries mobile phone operate & income
- Liaison with Agricultural Unit
- Plan and implement regular and occasional Programme such as sports, games, recreational events for various groups of children
- Establish and uphold norms for the children to maintain a good behaviour inside the campus;
- Establish and maintain a mechanism for resolving conflict between children;
- Resolve the conflict in order to ensure discipline;
- Ensure appropriate counseling and motivational inputs for the needed;
- Prepare monthly, half yearly, annual, special events report
- Ensure smooth functioning of SPP Primary school it includes staff supervision, preparation of routine, sports and fitness program.
- Ensuring proper teaching curriculum and classes
- Maintain communication with Upazilla Education Officer
- Keep communication with partners related to the education program
- Arrange training for teachers
- Maintaining discipline of the school
- Observer other teachers’ teaching plan and observe their teaching method
- Ensure proper maintenance of teaching materials of school
- Plan and implement regular and occasional program such as sports, games, picnic and recreational events for various groups of children.
- Organize educational tours for the children outside the campus.
- Supervision and help in evening study sessions
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to SSC Level learners from administration
- Ensure SBK and Pre-School training
- Oversee and Management of Education and Learning Programs
- Develop, design and implement literacy and numeracy program for the mothers (and children where applicable) to enhance their skill and knowledge it includes higher education for children and open university learning for mothers.
- Develop and implement the pre-school program for the small beneficiary children and also develop mode of operation to open it to the community outside SPP for providing effective early childhood development service and monitor progress of children’s learning.
- Ensure proper psychological/ counseling service as generalist
- Oversee behavior modification/ disciplinary activities as generalist.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Ensure proper update and utilization of BIMS (Beneficiaries Management Software)
- Responsible for managing Care and Education Section properly
- Any other job assigned by the management.
- Masters degree in any discipline, Master of Social Science (MSS)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Science/ Social Work/ Child Rights/ Human Rights/ Gender Studies/ Psychology/ Peace & Justice/ Education & Research or any other relevant subject
- Training/Trade Course: Personnel Management,Project Management,Education
- Skills Required: Budgeting Cost Estimation, Energetic and self-motivated, Ms Office Suite, Problem Solving, Strong people management skills
- 8 to 14 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Conflict management, Excellent communication skill, Knowledge about primary education, Management and leadership skill, Negotiation Persuasion Skills, Planning and organizing skill
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 35 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Minimum FIVE(05) years experience managing Donor funded projects where major components of Care & Education, Nutrition, Livelihood Development, and Rehabilitation. Working experience in women & children projects will be considered as an added advantage;
- Excellent organization, coordination, and project management skills including budgeting and developing project management documents such as logical framework and monitoring tools;
- Good written and verbal English ability;
- Proven ability to operate in a complex project across functions and work on own initiative and collaboratively;
- Excellent influencing, negotiating, and communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, coordination functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well, Autonomous and Dynamic, Easy to adapt to a challenging situation, Follow up and deadline, Monitoring, and Reporting, People Management skill, Strong attention to detail.
- Candidates who applied before need not apply again.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Gratuity
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Other facilities following SPP HR policy and practice (i.e. bonus, PF, gratuity, Medical allowance etc), after service confirmation.
- SPP will provide free single accommodation with subsidized food