- Immediate supervisor : Project Manager
- Contract period : 01.02.2023 to 31.12.2023 (Initially for 11 months)
- Proposed start date : 1st February 2023
- Location : Dighinala Upazila under Khgarchari District
- Anando (Promotion of Culture and Youth Resource Development) is a non-government, non-political and non-profitable national organization, established in 1997 and its mission is to strive for culture of development and peace through integrated development approach, which enables individuals and communities to become self-reliant. Anando is inviting application for the project which will be implemented in Dighinala Upazila under Khgarchari District financial supported by Welthungerhilfe – Germany for the following position
- Name of Project Regional Program for Scaling up the Multi-sectoral Approach for Nutrition Smart Villages in Bangladesh Project
- Objectives of the position The Nutrition Specialist will be responsible for conduct and organizing all Nutrition related activities of the project. S/he will act as technical officer of Nutrition related activities of the project. Responsible to organize and facilitate Nutrition based training and workshop, establish Nutrition demonstration firm/garden, organize Nutrition camp, conduct nutrition research, technical support to field staff and farmers, effective network and coordination with several agriculture stakeholders as per requirement of the project.
- S/he will be responsible for coordination and monitoring of the implementation of Nutrition Smart Village project under the supervision of Project Manager.
- S/he will provide required technical expertise in their respective streams and ensure convergence of nutrition and WASH interventions on the ground.
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the government technical experts in the Upazilla/district and ensure a good cooperation between these departments in the project area.
- S/he will organize Nutrition Camp, LANN PLA meeting and Nutrition Sensitive Micro planning.
- S/he will create plans, organizes, and manages the different workshop, seminar and symposium.
- S/he will prepares budget estimates and recommendations for input support and distribution.
- S/he will collects information and records various kinds of nutrition based data; prepares project reports.
- S/he will supervises project field officer and community service providers.
- S/he will prepares monthly highlights reports and maintains appropriate files and records.
- S/he will provide health advice and promoting healthy eating & about special diets.
- S/he will educating health professions and the public about nutrition.
- S/he will maintain records of community service provider and their results,
- S/he will be responsible for coordinating the capacity building activities for the field officer and community service provider.
- S/he will ensure coordination among all concerned line departments like health, family panning and DPHE.
- S/he will be responsible to ensure submission of quarterly, half yearly and annual report to Project Manager within the timeline.
- S/he will be also responsible for monitoring the regular field activities and prepare monthly analytical reports.
- Assist Project Manager in any other issue.
- Educational requirement is BSc in Agriculture/Nutrition
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age at most 45 years
- 5 years working experience on nutrition program management and among them at least 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Experience of in the sector of Nutrition, Agriculture, Livelihood interventions
- Proven experience on quality report writing skills in English and Bangla.
- Skill on training, nutrition camp organizing & facilitation.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience on establish agriculture/nutrition demonstration firms, kitchen garden, livestock etc.
- Ability to communicate with local level stakeholders including government departments, local govt. and civil society organizations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven skills and competencies to work with MS/ Excel, MS Access, SPSS is preferable
- Have knowledge on qualitative and quantitative M&E system, large data based management, monitoring of Nutrition, Agriculture, livelihood
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, etc.
- Skilled in computer literacy; report writing, strategy planning and others related documentation
- A team player; committed to motivating and leading staff
- Clear understanding of the working of major donors and their perspective, requirements and standard
- Able to work and manage in a hardship post and willingness to frequently travel in and out of field
- Taka up to 40,000.-Per Month
Compensation & Other Benefits
- After successfully completion of probation period other benefits (Provident Fund, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Leave encashment benefit & other admissible benefits) will be entitled as per as per HR policy of the organization..
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.