Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
- Background : The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani, Thailand.
- Position Description: Human Resource and Administrative Assistant reporting to the country program lead will implement human resource, and administration policies, procedures, and programs, ensuring adherence to RIMES staff and administration rules and regulations, in support of the operation of the RIMES country facility, implementation of programs and projects, and of RIMES institutional processes.
- Contract Duration: The contract will initially be for one year and will be extended upon satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary term and each annual performance review.
- Human Resource: Supports country office by screening, testing, and interviewing applicants.
- Support maintaining banking, petty cash, and others financial activities as per organizational policies and practices.
- Provides orientation for new staff by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures for documents.
- Maintains human resources records for staff by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications, and merit increase dates as well as tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Sets up and schedules complicated meetings for interviewees, hiring managers, employees, and department heads.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Administration: Liaise with government offices for acquisition of expatriate staff visas.
- Handling with document and keep track of information of visa processing.
- Facilitate acquisitions/ procurement and payments.
- Ensure filing is up to date for various subjects, including lists of suppliers, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Assist the Finance unit in preparing requests for payment forms and summary table of daily/weekly payments, and regular follow up with the donor on payments status, etc.
- Oversees office equipment and supplies, ensuring that all office equipment and supplies, such as stationery, are present and in acceptable condition.
- Maintain inventory of office facility equipment, instruments, furniture, etc.
- Provide reception duties: answering the phone, welcoming visitors, and making/ follow-up of appointments and maintain calendar of work and travel schedules.
- Coordinate for daily administrative work; collect and distribute incoming mail, check the completion and cleanliness of the office, notify the landlord of any damage to the office facilities, supervise the cleaning of the RIMES office, and ensure that A/C is maintained according to the schedule, and manage the transportation needs of staff and visitors.
- Procurement, purchasing and contract management: Assess procurement requirements, prepare procurement plans, draft specifications and initiate procurement process
- Assist to prepare procurement / tender documents for PR RFQs, RFPs, P.O. etc for procurement.
- Evaluate tenders and quotation documents as and when required.
- Check quality of deliverables and ensure that procured items are delivered properly as per specification as well as contract agreement and deal with performance evaluation of vendors
- Assist to ensure timely procurement of goods/logistical requirement and services through monitoring the procurement progress and follow up with vendors.
- Prepare reports on procurement for project management.
- Work at office
- At least Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business management, development studies, social sciences, or any related field.
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in reputed national and international non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations.
- Good negotiation abilities; multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to act as a mediator when staff conflicts arise.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Bengali (both oral and written).