ABDUL KADIR MOLLA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL(AKMIS)
- The Head of Secondary School/ Coordinator serves as the curricular, instructional and professional learning leader of the Secondary School and is responsible for the development of all phases of the Secondary School Programme (typically from Grade-6 to Grade-12).
- The Head of Secondary School/ Coordinator will assist the Head of School and the School Administration in the formulation and execution of the school’s curricular improvement and strategic development plans.
- The Head of Secondary School/ Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the Cambridge Secondary Learning and Teaching Curriculum within the school ensuring that IGCSE and AS/A-Level Programmes are implemented and developed in line with the requirements of Cambridge International standards and practices.
- It is an expectation that this person will have extensive knowledge and experience with delivery and coordination of the Cambridge Lower Secondary, IGCSE and AS/A-Level Programmes.
- The Head of Secondary School/ Coordinator will be expected to work within the Leadership Team to realize the Centre’s Vision and Mission.
- The Head of Secondary School/ Coordinator will be expected to work with year level and single subject teaching teams, and the parent community, demonstrating outstanding communication skills.
- The role also requires supporting and monitoring teachers to ensure that an inquiry approach to learning is delivered across the school and curriculum/syllabus standards are followed.
- Ensure all relevant CAIE communication is shared with all staff.
- Enable all communication and collaboration among all staff involved in implementing the programme.
- Ensure that Grades 9-12 have a well-organized curriculum that is articulated with and builds on the Grade 6-8 programme, ensuring that there is a concurrency of learning between classes in the same subject and level.
- Inform the Board about the progress being made in terms of implementation and development.
- Promote Growth Mindset throughout the School.
- Ensure information about IGCSE and AS/A-Level Programme is delivered clearly and effectively to all members of the school and maintain an effective communication between the school and CAIE Office/ British Council.
- Assist the Head of School in the leadership and management of the Secondary School, with a specific focus on Grades 6-12.
- Ensure all staff members are made aware of professional development opportunities available and encourage participation.
- Organize teacher support with planning, modelling and strategies in learning environments.
- Mentor and assist teaching staff in implementing IGCSE and AS/A-Level Curriculum and guide them with regard to using endorsed resources.
- Be familiar with and promote understanding and use of all IGCSE and AS/A-Level documents.
- Ensure that policies are formulated for teaching, learning and assessment.
- Lead the process of developing or reviewing the school’s curriculum documents on a regular basis.
- Ensure prompt and clear communication with the school community of key CAIE Secondary documents and make sure that teachers have access to Cambridge International support site and are using it.
- Registering students to IGCSE and AS/A-Level examinations.
- Prepare an annual report for the administration and Board following the progress of Secondary Year groups as well as Checkpoint, IGCSE and AS/A-Level examination session.
- Work at office
- Masters degree in any discipline
- Having B.Ed & M.Ed will be preferable.
- At least 6 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL
- Age 30 to 45 years
- Proven record of serving for leadership position at any Cambridge/ IB School.
- At least six years of teaching experience (MYP, IGCSE, O/AS/A-Level and DP preferred).
- Experience in implementing best practices in curriculum, staff development, and instruction.
- Personal qualities associated with good human relations and interpersonal relations
- Ability to lead staff toward instructional improvement and conduct professional learning sessions.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure, pay attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
Narsingdi (Narsingdi Sadar)
- Highly competitive salary will be offered.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Free Accommodation Facility
- Free Transportation Facility (From Teachers’ Quarter to School)
- 50% scholarship on tuition fees for the teachers’ child.