The British Council
- Pay Band: 4
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Contract type: Permanent (locally appointed)
- Closing date: Thursday, 15 December 2022
- Role Purpose:
- To provide proactive and effective management of the Country Director`s office and help to coordinate the Country Leadership Team so that British Council business is transacted in a timely, appropriate way. Provide administrative and operational support to high level visits and events.
- Country Director Bangladesh (30%):
- Work independently and manage routine administrative work for the Director, e.g., managing email, diaries, arranging meetings and venues, meeting visitors, managing travel, document signature and supporting wider coordination across British Council Bangladesh teams.
- Liaising with country/area teams to work on programme and all logistical arrangements for CD including speeches, visits and events – ensuring guidance is shared with teams in advance and high-quality briefing notes and speeches (where necessary) are prepared for all meetings and visits.
- Manage directorate contacts, ensuring these are up to date at all times.
- Liaise with communications team to agree content for Director’s external communication, incl. CD messages on corporate website and social media channels.
- Act as single point of a contact for Country Director’s office for external stakeholders including following up all meetings and establish contacts with peers in key stakeholder and partner organisations. Liaise with key contacts at British High Commission Dhaka.
- Bangladesh Country Leadership Team – secretariat (50%):
- Work closely with the Bangladesh Leadership Team on team meetings, leading on scheduling meetings, preparing and circulating agendas, keeping minutes, noting action points and following up on actions until completion.
- Lead on official visits and support coordination of cross-operation large-scale events and VIP visits, ensuring guest lists are up to date and high-quality programming and logistics.
- Mobilise relevant teams to input to speeches linked to high level, cross-operation visits and events ensuring high quality briefing notes are prepared for all associated visit meetings. Produce accurate and timely minutes of meetings as required.
- Coordinate onboarding of Bangladesh leadership colleagues, as necessary – liaise with relevant departments and HR to effectively oversee international mobility and national onboarding of Bangladesh leadership colleagues, including requests for asset procurement, IT support, overseeing scheduling of induction meetings.
- Cross-cutting support (20%):
- Lead and / or support implementation of actions plans related to cross-cutting issues such as equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), Environment, Safeguarding and Information Governance, liaising with relevant focal points.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Cultural Engagement and facilities and Security team, particularly in relation to events and visits management.
- The post holder will need to be flexible in terms of occasional in country travel and work.
Read More:_Executive Assistant
- Minimum / Essential: Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Desirable: Master’s Business Administration
- Essential: One year of relevant experience in an administration or coordination role
- Desirable: Relevant experience
- Role Specific Skills:
- Ability to comfortably use British Council systems like MyHR etc.
- General IT skills
- Skilled in using MS office experience and experience in calendar management
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Attractive salary and benefits will be offered to the deserving candidate
Compensation & Other Benefits
- An inclusive and engaging work environment encouraging cross-team collaboration and building connections with colleagues from different disciplines around the world
- Flexible working opportunities to support employee aspirations, personal activities and pursuits
- A learning environment with plenty of opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
- Experience of working in an international organisation which fosters work-life balance and commitment to smart working