- In collaboration with the chief of party, promote a coherent and strategic vision for all aspects of project implementation, including leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for all project activities and results.
- In collaboration with the chief of party, ensure that the program is completed and delivered according to the project requirement.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to technical project staff to ensure programmatic and financial reports are completed as required by the contract.
- Monitor country-level activities, identify project risks, challenges and develop appropriate reporting and results of project activities to the chief of party including progress and annual reports.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders, including host government counterparts in the education sector, other government entities, partners and stakeholders, USAID/Bangladesh, and other donor funded education projects.
- Manage technical consultants, both local and international.
- Serve as acting chief of party as needed.
- Masters/Advanced degree in education, education policy, education administration, or other relevant technical fields required
- At least 8 year(s)
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience on USAID or other donor-funded projects focusing on secondary education, teacher professional development, education services and systems strengthening, youth development, technology for education, or other related fields
- Experience serving as a USAID deputy chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and cooperating with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, private sector businesses, education institutions, associations, and civil society organizations
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding of the education sector in Bangladesh and experience in Bangladesh is required.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets to meet project objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and communicate effectively in Bangla and English.